There’s nothing quite like a winter get-a-way… Except if your skin seems to be allergic to travel. If, at the end of your trip, you find yourself with a puberty-level breakout or skin the texture of a leather handbag, please know you are not alone. Many of us struggle with travel-induced skin issues. To help you out, we’ve compiled our top 6 travel tips for maintaining your glow on the go.
1. Pack a hydrating mist like our Rejuvenating Mist in your carry-on or hand bag. Use it to refresh the skin every few hours. Planes and automobiles are seriously lacking in humidity levels and electric heat strips whatever hydration is left on the skin’s surface. When the skin dries out, complications arise: breakouts, dullness, redness, and fine lines become more prominent. Keeping your skin’s moisture barrier in tact helps skin to function at optimal levels.
2. Stay hydrated. You know the drill with this one. Drink more water than you normally would to help keep all your organ systems functioning at optimal levels.
3. Wear your damn sunscreen! Skiing? Sunscreen. Bus tour? Sunscreen. Inside most of the day anyways? Sunscreen. SPF 30 recommended. Re-apply every 4 hours (or less if sweating, swimming, etc.). Don’t make us tell you again!
4. Bring all your skincare essentials. We know you want to travel light but it’s important to bring all your core products with you if you want your skin to stay in tip top shape while you’re away. We developed our Travel Collections for exactly this. They contain your 5 everyday essentials and conform to airline carry-on regulations. Easy-breezy.
5. Protect your skin with a wide brimmed hat if you’re somewhere warm or with a scarf and toque in cold weather. The cold really wreaks havoc on the skin, stripping it of much needed moisture and causing conditions like rosacea, acne and other sensitivities to flare up. Wearing a scarf and toque with good coverage can help immensely with this.
6. Chill out. Read. Take baths. Go for a swim. Sleep. Nothing quite like a vacation to give you that rested, glowing look. Have a great time, girlfriend! 🙌